Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Backup Fails After Posted Fixes Fail

My Time Machine Backup stopped working a few weeks back. I am using an iMAC with an Airport Base Station over WiFi with 2TB of storage. Attempting to get it working again I have tried all of the following:

1) Updated to Yosemite 10.10.5 with all updates installed

2) Verified the Airport Device is working with the Airport Utility

3) Checked the WiFi network connection is good

4) Used the Time Machine verify utility to check that the drive is not corrupted (appears to work through this interface with the Disk Utility)

5) Re-booted the entire system, starting the Base Station first followed by the iMAC

6) Checked that the space available on the Base Station is sufficient (shows 791 GB of 2 TB is available)

7) Used Time Machine to check that the existing backups are good (not sure but nothing obviously wrong)

Through all of these steps and after each one, I continue to get the following message after a short time after starting the backup:

User uploaded file

Any ideas? Kind of a shame to pitch 2TB in the trash. Would you move to a cloud backup system by subscription and give up on hardware at home?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:29 AM

Start with C3 in the 1st linked article.

Time Machine Troubleshooting

Time Machine Troubleshooting Problems

3 replies

Time Machine Backup Fails After Posted Fixes Fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.