Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud spinning wheel, System Preferences, can't access iCloud anywhere

Hi,

I've just done a clean install of Yosemite.

I couldn't connect to iCloud while reinstalling so I clicked on the "Do it later" button.

Now I just can't connect to it in System Preferences. I have to force quit SP, just underneath is says com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice (not responding)

I've tried all sorts of solutions, I've been through countless of similar topics/problems, I guess am just looking for that one thing I haven't done...

I'll list a few things I've done, to save you from telling me to do that:

removing com.apple.icloud.fmfd.plist , MobileMeAccounts.plist,

resetting keychains...

always restarting the laptop before checking again if it works.

I can access iTunes Store, App store.

I can't access icloud.com , it just gives me a Webpage unavailable/ time out error. I also can't access iCloud from my iPhone.

I've created a new user account with administrator privilege, I didn't connect to iCloud when it prompt me at the start, and was able to access the iCloud pane in SP without a problem.

I checked permissions and it was strange to have some that were wrong even after a clean install ,they were:

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

User differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; user is 244.

Group differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; group is 244.

I repaired them and they were still here after restart. Though I read around that they didn't really matter, I think one of the guys on this forum said it, Linc Davis if I'm correct. He seems to know a lot :-). Followed a few of his instructions also without luck.

So there we go, I might have tried a few other things but just can't recall as I've been on this issue for the past 24h...

I also have to say that 2 weeks ago my Motherboard was changed by the guys in the Apple Store near my house due to graphic card problems on the late Macbook Pro 17" which was taken under the extention repair program that started this year (https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/. That's also why I did a clean install because I was having some weird issues after ,such as the laptop not waking up from sleep, black screen that would stay for ages when shutting down the laptop, sometimes having to force shut down, icloud always asking me for passwords, or upgrade my storage, etc.....

I did a clean install without doing migration assistant or time machine. Clean Clean... just a lot of copy pasting and installing apps after...

Sweet, hope somebody can help me!

Cheers,

Ciarán.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:32 AM

I can't access icloud.com , it just gives me a Webpage unavailable/ time out error. I also can't access iCloud from my iPhone.

That would mean that you have a network problem, not a computer problem, but you seem to be saying that you can access iCloud in another account. Is that true?

3 replies

iCloud spinning wheel, System Preferences, can't access iCloud anywhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.