Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

paste without format

Is there a way in Motion and FCP X to paste text copied from Word or Pages WITHOUT it retaining the original formatting? I have built a Motion template and need the font, size, color to stay the same as the template. The solution should be "Paste and Match Style" or CMD + Shift + Option + V, but that doesn't seem to work.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:45 PM

I know that there might be a better way to this... here is what I do.

Open TextEdit... open a new document... paste the text into the doc... select all text... menu... Make Plain Text...

User uploaded file

Copy text... paste into FCPX.

Been doing this for years, so it part of my workflow for copying text in any program into another. Takes a few seconds to do.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 12:45 PM in response to hifimac

I know that there might be a better way to this... here is what I do.

Open TextEdit... open a new document... paste the text into the doc... select all text... menu... Make Plain Text...

User uploaded file

Copy text... paste into FCPX.

Been doing this for years, so it part of my workflow for copying text in any program into another. Takes a few seconds to do.

paste without format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.