Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp windows 10

Has any Boot Camp user who has reserved a Windows 10 update received the invite to update?

It is my understanding that the update priority is based on the expected reliability of the install. Perhaps Microsoft has not tested Boot Camp drivers for Windows 10 compatibility. I use my Boot Camp Windows 7 Pro on occasion and mostly end up performing updates, looking at how pretty it is, marveling that it works on my Mac, and rebooting in Yosemite.

So, just curious to see Windows 10 on my Mac.

Please, just want to know if others have received the invite or have completed installation on Windows 10 and if so, how it works for them.

Cheers.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iMac 27, 2009 model Core2 Duo

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:59 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:02 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Well, I was still not getting a Windows download status, just that I had a reservation.

I allowed yet another Windows update to complete and then I was presented with the Windows 10 download.

Either I needed the update or I had not actually spent enough time in Windows for the update to download in the background.

For whatever reason, the download finally did complete, the update completed, and everything seems solid.

Made all the privacy settings recommended and I should be good to go.

Thanks for the encouragement, I was wondering what the delay was.

Waiting for Microsoft to configure Office, Visio, and Project (from HUP).

😎Cheers and good fishing ➕ to you!

SK!

boot camp windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.