Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X 10.2.0 crashes after Update

after update to Logic X 10.2.0 the program crashes after starting it and shows the crash report.

I reinstalled Logic but I have the same crash again

before this update I had no problems with Logic X

anyone could help? thx

this is my Computer

User uploaded file

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 8GB Ram

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:55 AM

12 replies

Aug 30, 2015 10:16 AM in response to feel4music

Check any 3rd party drivers you may have installed and update or remove them....

Typical culprits are Avid, Digidesign,M-Audio and Mackie hardware....

Failing that, upload the entire crash report to say, dropbox and post a link to it up here so someone can take a close look at it...

Note: Make sure if you moved anything related to Logic Pro X's content, to a different drive.... in the past, that you used symbolic links and not aliases when you did so.... Several people have reported install issues with this update.. when they used Aliases.....

Aug 30, 2015 12:16 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

A Tutorial on Symbolic Linking (SymLinks) can be found here....

https://gigaom.com/2011/04/27/how-to-create-and-use-symlinks-on-a-mac/

Again, only proceed when you are sure you know exactly what you are doing and the possible consequences of such.. and make a good solid Clone backup of your System drive using CCC or SuperDuper! before doing so...

Aug 30, 2015 3:58 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

I don´t use a separate interface or driver, just my macbook pro in and out ports.

So it could´nt be a driver problem. It must be a bug I guess strongly.

I went back to the previous Logic X version and it works now fine.

Just tried the update with my macbook... doesn´t work... :-(

I won´t risk the same problem on my big studio computer, a 12core with a lot of external and internal hardware.

I can live without installing 10.2.0 with alchemy. My Macbook is only for small projects in my office.

thx

I wait until Apple ist bringing a fixed update. :-)

Sep 3, 2015 5:22 PM in response to feel4music

Unfortunately trying to fix permissions often doesn't work...

Im guessing at some point you used Migration Assistant (MA) to move data from one Mac to this one..

As that is the most common cause of such issues and again, as is often said here, Don't use MA with Logic's Content.... but install OS X and then Logic from scratch manually.... and not from backups made on a different Mac.

There are other reasons this problem can occur, but the use of MA or manually copying system folders and files from one Mac to another.. or moving System Folders around on the same Mac without understanding the consequences of doing so... or as I said earlier... the use of Aliases to relocate data... are often the cause of this issue.

Logic X 10.2.0 crashes after Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.