Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which SSD can be used for macbook 2008

i'm using macbook 13", aluminum, late 2008. i'm running on OSX 10.7.5, with ram 5gb, and 500gb hard disk. I want to upgrade to Mavericks. Should I upgrade to mavericks or to Mountain lion instead.

will my support SSD 256gb. If yes, can someone tell me which one?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 5:07 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 9:40 AM in response to chetan panchal

I suspect it will support any 250GB SSD out there. However, check limitations to bus speed. You may be able get an older SSD for less if your computer's limitation is internal bus. Double check me on this but I believe the 2008 Macbook has a 3Gb/s bus but most drives are currently being sold with 6Gb/s and are more than you need. You may not be able to find one with 3GB/s easily but if you can it may be cheaper because newer computer users want the fastest drive they can get and those are the ones with the faster bus.

Generally OWC or mac-sales.com is a good place to start for compatibility and upgrade information. That and everymac.com. OWC's prices are pretty competitive and there's a certain comfort in knowing they cater to the Mac owner and their things work with Macs (though for something like a drive they usually work with both Macs and PCs).

which SSD can be used for macbook 2008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.