Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport utility app

I have tried for two days to get the Airport Utility App to work on my Mac Mini running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and using the Airport Extreme Router. Finally I got the app to work. Simply turn off the Firewall. I'm using McAfee Internet Security and I disabled it from there. Not sure what would happen if I was not running and internet security app.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:14 AM

McAfee is not needed, and your Mac will operate much better and you will have far fewer problems if you remove the McAfee application. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to correctly remove the application from your Mac.

Please post in the support forum for your operating system if you need more information about this.

Mac OS & System Software

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 7:14 AM in response to brianln

McAfee is not needed, and your Mac will operate much better and you will have far fewer problems if you remove the McAfee application. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to correctly remove the application from your Mac.

Please post in the support forum for your operating system if you need more information about this.

Mac OS & System Software

Aug 30, 2015 8:23 AM in response to brianln

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your advise but I'm a little confused. I have used Windows for many years and switched over to a Mac two years ago since I was fed up with all the windows issues. I love my Mac but recently Mac"s have come under more and more virus attacks. That's my reason for installing McAffee and it was free from my cable provider, COX. So I would like to know what would protect my Mac if I were to uninstall my antivirus software?

Your advise would be most appreciated. Are you running a Mac?

Thanks,

Brian

airport utility app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.