Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can only import my newest photos

Hello everybody,

I have a very tedious problem!

It seems that no matter what I do, I can only import my (five or so) newest pictures from my Iphone photostream.
I have tried importing with iPhotos, Photos and Image Capture. With every one of them, I can only import "new photos" and the rest of my photos doesn't even show up. I have iCloud, but I am not sure exactly how it works, and even though some of my photos may be stored in the iCloud, I am afraid of deleting any of the photos on my photostream as I am not sure wether they will be saved or not. Also, i am afraid that if I delete the photos stored with iCloud, I am deleting the photo on both my iPhone and my Mac...

Anyway, I am used to just being able to import the photos in my photostream using iPhoto, but ever since i updated and got Photos, i have been having problems. Also, some of my photos apparently can't be imported because the phototype/file is unrecognizable.

What the heck am I doing wrong!?
I hope some of you can help!

Iphoto: version 9.6.1
Photos: version 1.0
Image Capture: version 6.6

MacBook Pro (13", primo 2011)

OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.3

Iphone 5C

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 4:21 AM

If you enable iCloud Photos (Settings/iCloud) then your photos are transferred as soon as they are taken to your iCloud photo library. You can view them with the new Photos app in Yosemite or by logging in to https://icloud.com.

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 4:51 AM in response to Allie1996

Allie1996 wrote:

Thank you! And will they stay there, on iCloud.com, even if i delete them on my iphone?

No, if you delete the from the phone they will also be deleted from the Photos library. You need to copy them out of Photos on the Mac to someplace else (like the Pictures folder) if you don't want them on the phone. But you can also change the iPhone images to Optimized size to save space on the phone.

I can only import my newest photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.