Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Windows through Disk Utility

with Windows and OS X running in BootCamp I deleted the Windows partition on OS X from Disk Utility and wiped it back to MacintoshHD, now when I boot up the machine I am presented with the BootCamp options and it automatically boots into a Recovery screen of Windows and I'm not bale to do anything on this. Is there anything I can do to stop this and remove the windows and BootCamp on startup of the machine.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 4:53 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 5:01 AM in response to OliverMullen

Disk Utility should never be used to remove Bootcamp Windows installations, because it does not clean up properly.

Please try Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support and How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support .

If this not work, then use the following steps

1. Back up OSX using Time Machine - Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac - Apple Support.

2. Boot into Internet Recovery - OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support.

3. Erase your internal drive and restore from the TM backup in Step 1 - OS X Yosemite: Recover your entire system.

Please be aware that TM does not backup Bootcamp partitions.

Deleted Windows through Disk Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.