Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme blinking Amber

I has a Macbook Pro and an iMac running on Yosemite 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 respectively. My DLS provider is Frontier in western North Carolina and the pipeline is slow, but I do get a wireless connection. I added an Airport to extend the range and the ambler light blinks. I have gone to utilities, clicked on the picture and clicked on edit. On the MacbookPro, there are three orange status lights: No DNS Servers, no PPPoE Server and No internet connection. What should I do? Thanks

Airport Extreme 802.11ac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:05 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 6:29 AM in response to teresafrombristol

We already responded to your other post, and it is confusing when you post again, rather than use the same original thread. We don't really know which thread to respond to at this point.

1) I assume that you have connected....and will leave connected at all times.....an Ethernet cable from one of the LAN <--> Ethernet ports on the Frontier modem/router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme, correct?

2) And, I assume that you have located the AirPort Extreme in the area where it is needed......likely several rooms away from the Frontier modem/router, correct?

Note......Both of these conditions must be met if you want the AirPort Extreme to extend the signal from the Frontier modem/router wireless. Otherwise, the AirPort Extreme will not work correctly.

Open up AirPort Utility, click on the picture of the AirPort Extreme and click Edit in the smaller window that appears.

Click the Wireless tab at the top of the next window that appears.

Network Mode = Create a wireless network

Wireless Network Name = Same name as the Frontier wireless network

Wireless Security = WPA2 Personal (This assumes that the Frontier modem/router is using standard industry settings)

Wireless Password = Same password as the Frontier wireless

Verify Password = Confirm the password again

Click the Internet tab at the top of the window

Connect Using = DHCP

Click the Network tab at the top of the window

Router Mode = Off (Bridge Mode)

Click Update at the lower right of the window and give the AirPort Extreme a full minute to restart. You should have a green light on the AirPort at this time

Very Important......

Power off the AriPort Extreme by pulling the power cord from the back of the device

Power off the Frontier modem/router either by turning it off, or pulling the power cord

Wait a minute or two

Power up the Frontier modem/router and let it run a full minute

Power up the AirPort Extreme and let it run a full minute

Report on your results

Airport Extreme blinking Amber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.