Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I move tracks from a mini-disc player to garageband?

I need to move some speech tracks from Mini-Disc format to my iMac, via garageband. ( I Have a M/Disc player and a DAC machine) Any tips anyone??

Be grateful for any info. theorganiste

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:19 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 9:30 PM in response to theorganiste

you really just need to plug the output of the M/disc player into an audio interface

if you don't have a sound card (audio interface) that you use with your mac you can get cable to plug into the headphone port to record the output

i recommend that you leave a couple of seconds at the beginning and at the end of each track so that you make sure all of it gets recorded so start recording before you start playback of your speech tracks.

by the way, if you want to do recording more frequently i would recommend that you buy a proper usb audio interface. There are relatively inexpensive models that contain much higher quality converters than the built in converters of your iMac's headphone/microphone port

let me know if you have any other questions!

be well,

-Sean

Can I move tracks from a mini-disc player to garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.