Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I burn music added from Apple music to disc?

I need to be able to burn albums I have to disc because I have a car that can only play CDs. Why can't I do it with an album added from Apple Music?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 5:39 AM

9 replies

Aug 30, 2015 6:53 AM in response to karien1972

If all you had to do to own all the music on Apple's servers was pay a single month's Apple Music subscription of $10 and have a high-speed internet link and a huge hard drive, I think somebody would quickly be out of business.

The thing about the Apple Music files is they are strictly controlled in usage. You need Apple software to play them. You cannot do anything legal to make a permanent copy of them. They expire when your subscription expires. You are only renting them for the period of your subscription.

Aug 30, 2015 2:07 PM in response to karien1972

Naive you for not realizing if Apple were to provide unlimited access to the the tens of millions of tracks in its collection in a format that could be readily converted to a permanent file 2 billion people would sign up for one month, spend 24/7 downloading files, then cancel their subscriptions because they would already have all the music on a drive in a format with which they could do anything. Remember when reading web pages about features that it ias much what is not said that applies as much as what is said. If they don't say, "You can burn this to CD," don't assume you can until you see a line saying you can. Frankly you will find more about what you can and can't do by reading third party reviews than Apple's main Music page which is hype and as informative as the Oracle at Delphi.

I could air similar grievances to yours but in all honestly I have only ever spent $20 on something new from Apple (a Snow Leopard DVD last week) so can I blame them if they are not employing a stable of developers for my 13 year old computer? (All my computer purchases average about $100/year and all my computer have been second or third hand used.) The owners of old things tend not to be the big spenders on new items so they kind of fall low on the priority list from the perspective of a for-profit company..

My car is 34 years old. Not even a cassette player.

Why can't I burn music added from Apple music to disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.