Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play audible files in itunes even when I have authorized to do so.

Cannot play audible files in itunes even when I have authorized to do so. #message from iTunes -

Some of the audible files in the iTunes library were not copied to the iPhone because you are not authorzed to play them on this c

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:15 AM

Hi edsev61,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you can't play Audible files in iTunes for Windows or sync them to your iPhone 4 because the files are not authorized.

Have you recently updated to iTunes 12.2? If so, see the instructions from the Audible Help Center article How can I authorize my Audible account on iTunes 12.2?

For previous versions of iTunes see How can I authorize/activate my computer with my Audible account in iTunes on a Windows PC? or follow the steps in Get the latest version of iTunes to update iTunes to the latest version.

Since Audible is a separate service, your Audible account information may be different from your Apple ID (iTunes Store account information.)

If you're listening to Audible files on your iPhone, another option is to use the iOS app--https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiobooks-from-audible/id379693831?mt=8

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:15 AM in response to edsev61

Hi edsev61,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you can't play Audible files in iTunes for Windows or sync them to your iPhone 4 because the files are not authorized.

Have you recently updated to iTunes 12.2? If so, see the instructions from the Audible Help Center article How can I authorize my Audible account on iTunes 12.2?

For previous versions of iTunes see How can I authorize/activate my computer with my Audible account in iTunes on a Windows PC? or follow the steps in Get the latest version of iTunes to update iTunes to the latest version.

Since Audible is a separate service, your Audible account information may be different from your Apple ID (iTunes Store account information.)

If you're listening to Audible files on your iPhone, another option is to use the iOS app--https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiobooks-from-audible/id379693831?mt=8

Cheers.

Cannot play audible files in itunes even when I have authorized to do so.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.