Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobooks will not sync (via iTunes) onto my iPhone6P-iOS 8.4.

I had a problem with my iPhone 6Plus and had to return it to the Apple store for a replacement. Now I am trying to restore everything to the new phone and my audiobooks will NOT sync onto the new phone. iBooks will sync the written books just not the audiobooks. I am signed into my iCloud account so authorization should not be an issue (books were purchased throughout the iTunes store) Also, all my purchased apps moved to my new phone fine. Any ideas???

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:47 AM

UPDATE:::::
Just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support and finally got to the bottom of Audiobook syncing issues. (using an iMac with OS 10.9.5 and iTunes 12.2.2.25)

Since IOS8.4 moved Audiobooks on my devise - from iTunes to iBooks, Audiobooks are no longer being seen as music files - but now a book file. Make sure that when you sync your device with iTunes you do NOT have the "sync only checked songs and videos" box checked. this is in the OPTIONS section at the bottom of the summary tab of Settings in the left iTunes menu. Even though you have a specific Audiobook selected, iTunes will not put it on your device because it is not longer seen as a "song".🙂

I unchecked that box. Rechecked all the things I wanted on my phone and did a resync. Everything ended up transferring.

However.... Apple has a bug in that they did not transfer over the "remember place in playback" check box in the Audiobook properties. So for now... every time you hit play in an Audiobook, it starts at the beginning! Bummer. 😟

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:47 AM in response to DMAndre

UPDATE:::::
Just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support and finally got to the bottom of Audiobook syncing issues. (using an iMac with OS 10.9.5 and iTunes 12.2.2.25)

Since IOS8.4 moved Audiobooks on my devise - from iTunes to iBooks, Audiobooks are no longer being seen as music files - but now a book file. Make sure that when you sync your device with iTunes you do NOT have the "sync only checked songs and videos" box checked. this is in the OPTIONS section at the bottom of the summary tab of Settings in the left iTunes menu. Even though you have a specific Audiobook selected, iTunes will not put it on your device because it is not longer seen as a "song".🙂

I unchecked that box. Rechecked all the things I wanted on my phone and did a resync. Everything ended up transferring.

However.... Apple has a bug in that they did not transfer over the "remember place in playback" check box in the Audiobook properties. So for now... every time you hit play in an Audiobook, it starts at the beginning! Bummer. 😟

Audiobooks will not sync (via iTunes) onto my iPhone6P-iOS 8.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.