Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store and email not working since I.o.s 8 upgrade

SInce upgrading to I.o.s 8.4.1, I have been experiencing issues with apps on my Ipad. When opening the App Store it is blank and I cannot receive new emails as an error ' can't connect to server' is shown. The wi if is connected and I have tried resetting the network without success.

If I delete the apps, how would I reinstall without the App Store. The Apple website directs you to this for the App Store app!.

Any advice appreciated.

iPad, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 7:23 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Flowerws

Hey Flowerws,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that since updating iOS, your iPad won't connect to the internet even though Wi-Fi is connected. You mentioned that you've reset the network. This is a good step, and I wanted to make sure that you've tried all of these resets from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network:

For more help, try restarting your device, router, or cable/DSL modem. After each step, check to see if you fixed the issue.
Restart your iOS device.
• Unplug your router and plug it back in.
• Unplug your cable or DSL modem and plug it back in.

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If you still can't check your email or access the App Store, try the additional steps in If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store.

If the situation continues after trying all of the steps above, I'd recommend backing up and restoring your iPad to factory settings. You can use the instructions in Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

As a temporary workaround for reinstalling apps from the App Store, you can also try deleting them from your iPad and syncing them from iTunes using a computer. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB.

All the best.

App Store and email not working since I.o.s 8 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.