Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What backup will get me my text messages back? And if I do the iTunes back up, can I still get my stuff stored in cloud?

My iphone 5s has water damage (it won't even turn on) and I checked in on iCloud and all my "necessities"are there. However, I want my messages on my new iphone. Is there anyway to do that? I searched up the difference between restoring it from icloud and itunes. Which one will transfer my mesages? And for example, if I restore from icloud can I get the stuff backed up on itunes also?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 12:28 PM in response to joker790

Hey there joker790,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you want to transfer content from the backup of your iPhone 5s to a new device, and you want to know how to ensure the messages are restored. The Messages content is saved in both the iCloud and iTunes backups, you can find more information about what is backed up in the article below:

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

This article provides a lot of great information about transferring content to a new device and it will walk you through the process of restoring the new device from a previous backup.

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support

So long.

What backup will get me my text messages back? And if I do the iTunes back up, can I still get my stuff stored in cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.