Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp 6.0

I have a MacBook PRO 13" purchased 2015. Currently I upgraded to win 10 and my OS X is Yosemite. When I run Apple Software Update (as administrator) in Win 10 BootCamp 6.0 is recommended to download/install. After download the installation starts and after a while the windows installer is reported to be stopped due to an error. A message says that "The installed product does not match the installation source" . I have tried to download and use BootCamp 5.1.5640 when the installation program asks for a BootCamp.msi file. That does not work either. So I would appreciate any good advice.

Regards

Erik L

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:37 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Erik194

The BC6 drivers (6.0.6133) are a mix of 5.x and 6.x drivers. They sometimes will fail. You can look for setupact.log or setuperr.log in your Bootcamp volume. There are several places and find the one appropriate for Bootcamp installation to see which specific driver is causing problems. You can also manually install each driver individually.

bootcamp 6.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.