Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes splits album up into several files. How do I fix this, and stop it from happening?

Itunes has split several of my albums into two or more files, each with some of the tracks from the album (but not all of them in one file). How do I fix this, and stop it from happening?

itunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:35 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 9:24 AM in response to pogogo

Hi pogogo,

In your iTunes Library, if all of the tracks for a particular album are not grouped together, you may need to check the song and CD information to make sure the correct information is included in the Song Name, Artist, Album, Album Artist, Track and Disc number fields. To do this, right click on the name of the song and choose Get Info from the contextual menu that appears. Then click on the Details tab to see these fields in the database.

Edit song and CD information - iTunes Help
http://help.apple.com/itunes/mac/12/#/itns2937

Take care,

itunes splits album up into several files. How do I fix this, and stop it from happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.