Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi

My browser- for no reason (I've owned 5 iMacs since the G4, that's about one every four years since 2003). Never have I had an issue where just about three times a day, if I have 5 + tabs (actually sometimes fewer) open, my browser (SAFARI) freezes and when I press the *refresh option, it refreshes all of the tabs, causing me to lose any typing on websites I may have in windows. It's actually caused me some grief when I didn't copy something (2x) now. I'd like to see it fixed. If one tab has an issue, shouldn't effect SAFARI. So, if it's not fixed within the next four months, I'm going to have to deal with Firefox as my main browser. Never dreamed I'd have to but, it's involved because I keep upgrading and there's still no patch. I am using Mountain Lion still, because it bugs me how I have to buy another computer every four years and (well, it doesn't bother me much, I just have to leave Yosimite for peace of mind that when I get sick of my iMac, and/or I can't use certain apps and it's unfitting for work/pleasure, I'll have that to upgrade to- as it were I upgrade then get sick of al the limitations and with no more options to upgrade I get tired of my precious iMac and I go out an purchase another one). They're steep. Not to complain too too much, but (quick math) it's somewhere like $35 dollars a month when I pay $1600 every four years. Balancing it all out, yeah yeah, that's steep- but for my budget, doable. So my only complaint is, can we get Safari to work? That can't be about the $$$.

User uploaded file One thing I've always loved was the Cmd+Shft+4 screen area capture technique for getting photos you want with great quality!!! 😀 😀 😀

Any help on the Safari issue, refreshing all browsers except the one that freezes?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Upgraded Hard Drive

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:22 PM

Might be cookies, extensions, or third party add-ons causing Safari to freeze.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, troubleshoot Safari extensions and third part plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Nac's_Mac

Might be cookies, extensions, or third party add-ons causing Safari to freeze.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, troubleshoot Safari extensions and third part plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Hi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.