Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay monitor lagging horribly from Macbook Pro retina

Hi everyone,

when my Macbook Pro retina is connected to Apple TV, the signal is horribly lagging. It takes up to one second before the cursor moves on the screen, the refresh is hopelessly slow. This applies in both mirroring or extending my desktop. It makes using TV as second monitor almost useless. Streaming video from iTunes or playing audio from my library via Apple tv works fine.

I have got wireless network via Asus RT-N12 router at 2.4 GHz and everything else works well. Tried to setup several settings, nothing helped.

Any tips, please?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 8:51 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 9:32 AM in response to jprazak

network issues

interference or just a too slow router

test by connecting them both by wired ethernet

mirror require a pretty hefty bandwidth without too much inference to work

a microwave oven spam noise on 2.4Ghz, bluetooth use 2.4Ghz, landline wireless phones use 2.4Ghz

wifi networks close to you use 2.4Ghz if they use the same wifi channel as you even worse

streaming audio require next to no bandwith and streaming video need not that much because it can rely on buffer not an option when it's a desktop mirror

Airplay monitor lagging horribly from Macbook Pro retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.