Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Safari 7 on my MacBook Pro

One of the sites I visit says it only supports Safari 7 and higher but I have Safari 6. How do I upgrade? Everytime I check for updates it says I'm completely updated. If so, what's the deal with Safari 7?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:38 AM

Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Yosemite. If you get told it's incompatible, so is Safari 7; your only option for accessing that site would be to switch to a product such as Firefox.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(132590)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 10:38 AM in response to kongakut2012

Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Yosemite. If you get told it's incompatible, so is Safari 7; your only option for accessing that site would be to switch to a product such as Firefox.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(132590)

How do I get Safari 7 on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.