Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I turn on power button the white light on front comes on for a moment then shuts off and repeats this so computer will not turn on

My mac book pro 17 will not turn on. When I Press Power button, The White Light On Front Goes On A Little Bit Of Whirring Can Be Heard Then A Click And It Stops. White light goes out. Then this proses repeats till I hold down power button long enough to turn computer off.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:23 PM

Hey ArundelKevin,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the computer will have a white light and make noise but will stop. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

If your Mac won't turn on - Apple Support

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 6:23 PM in response to ArundelKevin

Hey ArundelKevin,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the computer will have a white light and make noise but will stop. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

If your Mac won't turn on - Apple Support

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

When I turn on power button the white light on front comes on for a moment then shuts off and repeats this so computer will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.