Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Pandora on iPhone4 through the car stereo

After I updated my iPhone4 to IOS 8.4.1 my Volvo Stereo system stopped recognizing my iPhone4 as a device to play music from when I hook it up

through the USB port. It used to work perfectly, and nothing has changed in the car.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

iPhone 4, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:37 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 1:09 PM in response to Brett L

Thanks Brett!

I have seen the article you are referring to, and it was not useful. I checked two other iPhones4 with the same version of IOS and they connect to my Volvo stereo and play Pandora without any problems. So the issue has to be with my specific phone (not with the car, or the cable, or the way I hook them up).

Based on the error I see displayed on the Volvo screen, it looks like the initial handshake between the Volvo stereo and my iPhone fails (i.e. iPhone does not look like a "familiar device" to the Volvo stereo interface).

I will try to load some music locally onto my iPhone and see if I can feed that into the Volvo stereo. If I can, then I will try to re-install Pandora. If playing local music fails too, then it would appear to be some sort of the I/O interface problem with my specific phone, and I am not sure how I can debug that ...

Playing Pandora on iPhone4 through the car stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.