Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think the Apple Store gave me a refurbished phone....

I went into the apple store to get a screen repair and apple couldn't fix it, said something about the collaboration wasn't fixable....so they gave me a new phone in replacement but charged me the same amount as a screen replacement. When the genius at the apple store gave it to me, the phone was already showing a screen of "Temperature is too hot to use phone" or something along those lines...I should've saw a red flag there but I was so excited that I didn't seem to care. Now that it has been about two weeks, the phone keeps acting up. It dies on its own and then when I try to turn it on, it stays on the apple logo for 5+ hours until it feels ready on its own to go back to regular. I didn't think nothing at first but then it keeps doing that and now it's showing "click for emergency" and as many times as I put in my passcode, it won't work!!! It's just getting more and more frustrating and what's worse is that because of this frustrating trying to get my phone acting right, I dropped it again and the screen is cracked! I don't know what to do because I feel like if I go into the apple store, they might just say they can't refund me since I didn't take care of the phone.....I don't know what to do as I am very frustrated. I feel like I've been jipped and apple took advantage of my situation and gave me a phone that they already knew was messed up. 😟 Can anyone help? Any suggestions...? Please nothing mean because I am already upset as it is.....

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:27 AM

7 replies

I think the Apple Store gave me a refurbished phone....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.