Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Western Digital Hard Drive Issue

Hi Everyone,

Earlier today I was having an issue coping a file from my WD hard drive. A few years ago I bought this black caviar and placed it into an older LaCie d2 enclosure. I have it partitioned and the second partition wasn't copy two files for some reason. I restarted my computer multiple times as well as turned the device on and off. I still encountered the same issue. I decided to open Disk Utility on my Mac to verify the disk and everything was alright. I then decided to click on Repair Disk just to make sure everything was good as it was still not letting me copy these files. Disk Utility took a very long time and then unexpectedly quit. I don't believe that the task had finished and now my drive is not being recognized on my laptop. Just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the enclosure I decided to remove the drive and connect it to my laptop with a Sabrent adaptor. The drive starts up fine but it does not mount to the computer. It also does not show up in Disk Utility, Disk Warrior, or Data Rescue 4.

I realize that there probably isn't much hope. I believe the data is still on there but I do not know how I can repair the drive if it does not mount.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever, even third party places that I could send my drive to, please let me know.

Thank you for the help

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:05 AM

There are no replies.

Western Digital Hard Drive Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.