Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 3.2 update inputs from external instruments is not saved.

I have some concerts which use both software and external instruments. The external instruments are a Yamaha MOTIF XS Rack and the Akai EWI 4000s. If I open my concerts (saved in the previous version of MainStage) everything works as before. But if I make any changes and save all my patches which use external instruments all the inputs are missing. If I manually select the input I can hear the instrument, but it will never save that setting even if I create a new concert and select an external instrument for a patch. This is a major problem as I have dozens and dozens of patches. This is ridiculous.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:42 AM

8 replies

Sep 14, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Sankofa Musician

I have the same issue!

When I assign an audio input to an external instrument, save, close and reopen concert the audio input is set to no input.

Yes…

…I have the same audio interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) when I reopen

…the same issue appears with built in audio interface

…I have restarted computer and repaired permissions

…I have deleted com.apple.mainstage3 in preferences

…I have deleted and reinstalled Mainstage 3.2

…I have saved the external instruments channel strip as a new file

none of above worked for me. Now I have this huge concert with 20 patches and several external instruments I have to assign to the right audio input EVERY time I launch it.

This issue only appears on external instruments, not on normal audio channels.

Sep 15, 2015 3:11 AM in response to felakuti

I actually contacted support and walked them through the problem. They agreed that this is a bug that was introduced with the latest version and are apparently working on a patch. In addition to the one mentioned there are a couple of other bugs I noticed:

1. In addition to external instrument mappings any meter and slider controls saved in a layout get lost after a save.

2. The "loopback" plugin has a setting for monitoring that seems to always get reset to "on" no matter what you set it to.

Hopefully a patch will be forthcoming.

Sep 16, 2015 8:19 AM in response to DrSchmenge

Spoke with Apple Support and the issue is with the "engineers" but there is no ETA for a resolution. As this issue effects many parts of MainStage they will hopefully give it a priority and put out a patch soon.

In the meantime I was advised to restore a backup. Fortunately I had a time machine backup of 3.1.1 and only had to restore the application itself. That should work for most of us here, provided you have a backup.

I'll post updates as I get them.

After 3.2 update inputs from external instruments is not saved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.