Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 MacBooks will not work after flight

My daughter and her friend moved across the country. Between them they had 3 MacBooks. 1 Macbook and 2 macbook pros. It turns out that none of the MacBooks work properly after arriving. From not starting, to hanging up with nothing but the spinning circle after only 5 minutes.

I know going through the scanner is not suppose to harm a laptop, but this is suspicious.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:33 AM

12 replies

Aug 30, 2015 2:07 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I just asked my daughter. Each computer was put in a separate bin to go through the scanner. That would mean that they would have to drop three bins. I just don't get it. Is there any kind of special scanner with a magnet that they would have put the laptops through (bombs and such). It's crazy because the girls are two college girls- and in no way appear to be terrorists.

Aug 30, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Sabrinatracy

You are hung up on the scanner causing the problems. The scanners do not cause problems. If they did, millions of business people would not be able to bring their computers with them on business travel. Take the computers to an authorized service center as I said above and stop trying to guess what happened. Maybe the girls spilled water on them. You and I have no idea what happened.

Aug 30, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Sabrinatracy

Sabrinatracy wrote:

My daughter and her friend moved across the country. Between them they had 3 MacBooks. 1 Macbook and 2 macbook pros. It turns out that none of the MacBooks work properly after arriving. From not starting, to hanging up with nothing but the spinning circle after only 5 minutes.

I know going through the scanner is not suppose to harm a laptop, but this is suspicious.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Guess they did not use them on the plane -- so how were they secured in carry on --bubble wrap - cloths used to secure them? if they had room to play they could have smashed against each other or the side of the carry on-and in the overhead or under the seat.

I do remember hearing at one time some of the planes electronics could ruin a computer tape or disc if stored too close to those electronics.

3 MacBooks will not work after flight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.