Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turning off annoying popup alerts

This has bothered me for a while. How do I turn off the modal popup alerts that come up in apps. Here are some examples: In Mail, when I am not hooked up to the internet I get a barrage of popup alerts saying that Mail cannot connect to the internet. I get this message for each email address I have. Some games are not internet-based and yet I get popup alerts saying I am not connected to the internet that I have to dismiss. I know I am not connected to the internet. I do not need the internet to play PvZ. Another example is the popup when you use a non-Apple cord. Another example is the 20% and 10% battery warnings. Is there a way to turn all of these annoyances off?

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:21 AM

4 replies

Aug 30, 2015 11:36 AM in response to mahongue

You cannot turn off the non-Apple cable warning however you should be able to manage many of the notifications you want from:

Settings > Notifications > and then selecting what to include in Notifications Center. On those that you exclude you can click on each App itself and customize what you receive. Maybe your setup is different but I never get any warnings on my Mail App other than a badge on New Mail which I want.

Aug 30, 2015 11:32 AM in response to mahongue

Yeah, there are less alerts usually, but if you are running low on battery or try to access your email (which causes it to check for new mail), etc. The device is going to alert you. I agree that there should be some more advanced options for power users like yourself, but that's currently not in the iOS, therefore, I'd just let them know how you feel about it so maybe they could offer stuff like that in the future, maybe, just maybe. I assume if many people submit about it, it might make a priority hahaha.

turning off annoying popup alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.