Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X hangs when moving arrangement markers

I'm using arrangement markers to organize a song (first time doing that). I set the arrangement markers to fit the different pieces (Intro, bridge, chorus, verse, etc.), and then set track markers to correspond to the start and end of each arrangement marker. I had been able to grab the arrangement markers, and able to move/drag, for instance, the position of the chorus to a new position in the song.

But I am now experiencing fatal hangs (beachballs) when I try to move arrangement markers. I have Googled this one a bit, and cannot seem to find a similar issue elsewhere. What am I doing wrong here? I'm on 10.1.1.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:37 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 12:06 PM in response to nhajjar

Some added info. I have isolated the problem a little more. The hang only comes when I try to move an arrangement marker to a position after one particular section -- in this case -- the section is labeled "outro". Outro is at the end of the song, and moving any other section (eg 'chorus" or "intro") to a point after it causes the hang.

So it seems to be related to either...

1. moving a section to the end of the song (that seems highly unlikely)

2. something "poison" in the outro section that causes any other section coming after it to hang.

Some other stuff.

All regions inside "outro" end cleanly at the end of the arrangement section/tracker marker point.

I don't think the outro section has any automation ...

Logic X hangs when moving arrangement markers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.