Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way i can get my messages on a computer that isnt an apple product

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:11 AM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:41 PM in response to alyssalove615

Messages is Jabber based, and can be configured and operate with Jabber servers — you can either run your own Jabber server, or connect with an available Jabber server. That'll allow you to use the Messages.app client with a Jabber server, and some other Jabber client with that same Jabber server. This works for text chats. Some stuff — video and audio, for instance — usually won't be available this way.

Aug 30, 2015 1:19 PM in response to MrHoffman

Hi,

NO.

Messages can join AIM, Jabber, Yahoo and do Bonjour Chats in addition to the iMessages account.

The current (Yosemite and iOS 8.0+) set up does allow you to forward SMS from the iPhone to the Mac after linking them and using that Link to SMS to other Non iPhones (or iPhone not in a position to get iMessages or not registered to do so).

As Csound1 says it is about knowing what type of messages are being referred to in the Original Question.

Even then we may need to know other info so we can judge if info can be passed on.

User uploaded file

9:18 p.m. Sunday; August 30, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.