Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 6 plus (Storage Issue)

Ever since i switched from android to apple this year, I've been enjoying my I phone 6 plus immensely. However I am concerned about my storage. When i purchased my 6 plus, I settled for the 16gb. I was dissatisfied to know that my phone only had 11gb remaining. Currently i retain the following:

USED: 10.0 GB

AVAAILABLE: 1.5 GB

I don't understand why i only have 1.5 gb left. The only apps i have on my iPhone are:

Snapchat: 140mb *(Snapchat fluctuates on my phone. One day its 70mb. Other days it can go up to 230mb)*

GoPro: 85.3mb

Instagram: 64.6mb *(Instagram fluctuates on my phone. One day its 60mb. Other days it goes up to 200-300mb)*

SamuraiBlitz: 43.3mb

Genius: 42.8mb

My Verizon: 40.8mb

Chase: 39.2mb

Music: 38.8mb *(I love my music. I've streamed 322 songs. On the contrary, Iv'e also purchased 3 songs)*

H&M: 31.1mb

Beme: 12.9mb

Photos & Camera 2.5gb *(I make sure to delete photos and videos that i don't need anymore)*

The mail app is taking up a plentiful of my storage as well. (Mail: 429mb). My job sends me many attachment files to my email. At one point i had close to 6,000 emails which were unread. So last week i took 2 hours to go through all of my mail and sort/delete. I only have 4 attachments remaining. Every day i also make sure to delete the email which are in my trash including my junk folder.

Please can someone help me? I don't have the option to get more storage right now and i don't want to delete the remaining apps i have on my phone. Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:06 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 11:58 AM in response to roaminggnome

The space is being used through the Mail app: Mail and Attachments 429mb. I believe the attachments that i receive from my job are taking up a majority of my space. Also my Photos & Camera is taking up: Photo Library 2.5GB/ Shared Photo Stream 3.8KB. I only have 94 photos, 2 panoramas, and 16 videos. I had many videos before, but i deleted most of them.

I phone 6 plus (Storage Issue)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.