Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looping with Drummers

Hi Everyone,

I'm working with Garageband for the very first time (version 10.1.0) and currently experimenting with the Drummers (Maurice to be precise!). The trouble is when I isolate the region I want to loop and chop it, the end of the region I want to lop changes! At the moment it changes from an open hi-hat to three hits on a snare, it's really frustrating, I've spent hours trawling through tutorials but so far no one seems to have encountered the same problem....if anyone has any advise that would be great.

Thanks guys! 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 9:16 PM

the thing with the drummers is that they adapt to how long you want them to play

whatever drummer and preferences you set creates a predetermined Audio clip based on how long you want them to play

i think you would benefit from using a midi based drum instrument like this

I use this program myself and its great because you can make from loops and manipulate them however you want and then export the loop as a midi clip into the session window

it is a plugin so if you are unfamiliar with using 3rd party plugins with garageband there are many videos on youtube that will help

let me know of any questions

Be well,

Sean

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 9:16 PM in response to romyfromnull

the thing with the drummers is that they adapt to how long you want them to play

whatever drummer and preferences you set creates a predetermined Audio clip based on how long you want them to play

i think you would benefit from using a midi based drum instrument like this

I use this program myself and its great because you can make from loops and manipulate them however you want and then export the loop as a midi clip into the session window

it is a plugin so if you are unfamiliar with using 3rd party plugins with garageband there are many videos on youtube that will help

let me know of any questions

Be well,

Sean

Looping with Drummers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.