Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am giving my base station away. Do I need to clear anything?

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:46 AM

4 replies

Sep 7, 2015 10:07 AM in response to fredt39

I would go one step further than Allan suggested hardware reset and do the full factory..

The reason is the old configuration are still stored in memory of the AE.. not easy to recover but possible.

Factory reset universal

Power off the AE.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the AE to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.