Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voiceover

Since I checked Voiceover on my iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1, my iPhone is totally blocked. Nothing works anymore, through iTiunes it recognizes the iPhone, but the iPhone cannot be unblocked. What can I do? Tried al other suggestions about putting sound on and off with three fingers, tapping home-key 3 times in a row quickly, remove sim-card, nothing helps. Now even the screen doesn't come up anymore as well, allthough the battery was 78% filled.

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:54 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 11:31 AM in response to debbiedegroot

Hi debbiedegroot,

Two ways to get VoiceOver turned off. One is to hold down the home button, and say "turn off Voiceover" to Siri. If Siri is enabled on the lock screen, that will turn it off. Either that or you can connect the phone to iTunes, click Configure Universal Access in the Options section at the bottom, and deselect "VoiceOver."

If the screen isn't coming on, hold down the home and power button until you see the Apple logo. If the screen still isn't coming on, and you're not able to access it through iTunes, contact Apple support

voiceover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.