Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to search for bookmark folder. I have many and the bookmark search only searches for actual bookmarks, not the folders.

how to search for bookmark folder. I have many,many and the bookmark search only searches for actual bookmarks, not the folders.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:03 AM

7 replies

Sep 10, 2015 9:03 AM in response to kaylope

I meant to say EasyFind or regular mac search through Bookmark Folder and Subfolders titles---it will search the actual bookmark. Sometimes I can't recall the exact name of bookmark I'm looking forward to, but I do remember which folder I put it in. The folders don't stay alphabetized so it's very frustrating to search titles of 200 folders. Thanks for your help.

Nov 26, 2015 4:57 PM in response to kaylope

It is easy to lose where you store a bookmark and when you end up with many bookmarks and you want to find one, who wants to

go through the list trying to find a needle in a haystack. 😕

To search your bookmarks in Safari, all you have to do is: 👿

1.Open Safari

2.Click Bookmarks

3.Click Show Bookmarks

Your Bookmarks will Open in a sidebar window. The sidebar window can be resized. Mine is on the left. You will see three Icons: Boookmarks-Reading lIst-Shared Links

under these 3 Icons is a magnify icon with text: Search Bookmarks

Now that you found it, type what bookmark you are searching for. 😁

Now you can find that bookmark you are looking for, well that is if you can remember the name of of it. Try searching a key word or the subject if you can not find what you are looking for.

how to search for bookmark folder. I have many and the bookmark search only searches for actual bookmarks, not the folders.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.