Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes hangs permanently when I select Edit-->Preferences or connect my iPhone to my Windows 7 pc

iTunes v12.2.2.25 works ok on my Windows 7 64-bit pc, until I either select Edit-->Preferences or connect my iPhone to a USB port. Either of these actions causes iTunes to permanently hang. Safe Mode and the latest Windows Updates did not help.

Thanks for any thoughts !

Windows 7, iTunes v12.2.2.25 for Windows 64bit

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:32 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 12:40 PM in response to Ericzim03

Howdy Eric.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there's an issue that's causing iTunes to stop responding when you connect your iPhone to your PC. Try taking a look at the article linked below and running through the troubleshooting tips that it provides.

iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

iTunes hangs permanently when I select Edit-->Preferences or connect my iPhone to my Windows 7 pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.