Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps not available?

When I try to use find my iPhone on iCloud, I get "The location of your devices cannot be shown because Maps is not available". I checked my device's privacy settings to see if Find my iPhone was allowed to use my location, and it was. What can I do to correct this problem?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2017 12:48 AM

I received the same "Maps is not available" error message when I was using Firefox,

but when I logged into icloud.com using Safari on my iMac, Find My iPhone

worked properly. It displayed the map with the location of devices.

In the same vein, when I used Firefox to access icloud.com, Notes would not load.

There was an alert: "Network unavailable or slow."

Then an error message: "Can't load Notes. There was a problem loading the application."

I recall seeing an Apple Support article which said Firefox is not a fully supported browser

for icloud.com.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2017 12:48 AM in response to Ethan7988

I received the same "Maps is not available" error message when I was using Firefox,

but when I logged into icloud.com using Safari on my iMac, Find My iPhone

worked properly. It displayed the map with the location of devices.

In the same vein, when I used Firefox to access icloud.com, Notes would not load.

There was an alert: "Network unavailable or slow."

Then an error message: "Can't load Notes. There was a problem loading the application."

I recall seeing an Apple Support article which said Firefox is not a fully supported browser

for icloud.com.

Maps not available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.