Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen frozen on apple logo.Tried re setting but nothing.

Screen frozen per above.Some posts online say to connect to iTunes but device not showing on sidebar when I do that. not sure what kind of problem this is. Can anyone help - in simple terms as I am not the most tech literate person!

iPad Air

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:03 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 12:11 PM in response to jennipenny

The first question is, what were you doing when the freeze occured? Was that a normal usage, charging, app install, or something else?

By reset, was that what some of us refer to as ewboot - holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, takes about 10-40 seconds, then release both buttons.

I That does not work or have any affect, do you get the screen showing the USB cable pointing to iTunes? If so that means you need to use recovery mode to connect and restore per the instructions in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212 but note all data and contents will be erased doing that.

screen frozen on apple logo.Tried re setting but nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.