Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing: I'm afraid of losing pictures on my computer.

How do I simply copy some selected pictures to the iPad without erasing any on the mother computer. The commands make it look like the pictures I select for my iPad will end up being all that is left on the mother computer after syncing. I think this way because it happened to me before with music. After syncing, all the shared music on my computer, including many CDs I own I had copied into the computer, had vanished.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 11:30 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:35 PM in response to GeorgeOfThePort

iTunes Photo Sync is one way -- it will move photos from the computer to the iPad (and it will also delete previously synced photos from the iPad if they are no longer on the computer or no longer included in the selection to sync). It will not delete photos from the computer. There are instructions at Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

If you don't want to use iTunes you can use a 3rd party app such as http://www.photosync-app.com/ or you could email a photo to yourself and then save it on the iPad.

Syncing: I'm afraid of losing pictures on my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.