Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 front camera doesn't work

I have an iPhone 6 64Gb with iOS 8.4.1

My front facing camera used to work great, but just stopped. This is terrible because now I can't do FaceTime with my family. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:16 PM

Try doing a reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, takes about 10-40 seconds, then release both buttons.

If that does not help, take the iPhone to an Apple Store Genius Bar for texting by a technician.

3 replies

Nov 9, 2016 8:42 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Sadly I've come across the same issue. Out of nowhere the camera just stopped working. When I tap on switch camera in the camera app the iPhone 6 tries to load up the image from the camera, stays black then freezes while shortly showing the main camera's footage. It'll try again but freeze again.

On apps like Whatsapp or Telegram Messenger it will simply freeze the camera mode, either staying black or freezing on the last main camera footage.

/venting

Not once have I dropped my phone, always been very cautious.

Just like that **** TouchID the camera just stops working? Just out of the blue? This ***** and it shows beautifully how Apple is going down the drain.

But sure, bring out a new phone with less functionality or a simple headphone jack and call it revolutionary.

I've had Apple products for a long time now, never had any issues with them. Don't know if it's Cook's fault or just how things go nowadays, but this is just ridiculous.

iPhone 6 front camera doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.