Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alchemy CPU problem

Hello,

I updated my Mainstage for 3.2. If I use Alchemy, the CPU running up to the max, and the playback is tearing when I’m playing on the keyboard. Is this normal?

My Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Operating system: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

This configuration isn’t enough for running Alchemy?!

Thank you for your help!

MainStage, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:09 PM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 1:06 PM in response to rozsap

What audio interface are you using and what buffer size and sample rate are you setting MainStage to use? How many instances of Alchemy do you have? Alchemy does use quite a bit of CPU and I do have some problems with trying to run several instances at the same time in the same patch on a similar machine, but it seems to work great with a more simpler setup.

Sep 2, 2015 9:38 AM in response to rozsap

yup, it uses a lot of cpu. I run a series of Facebook groups including Mainstage Worship Sounds. We have all experienced high cpu usage and attribute it to Alchemy. Nothing we can do about it. Even if you clear patch and start with just a single synth oscilator, you are likely seeing over 10% idle cpu usage. Then it jumps up as you hit each note. I have found other bugs with Alchemy inside of Mainstage which I will post separately. Welcome to a gen 1 release (again)

Alchemy CPU problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.