Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Boot Camp and installing windows 7 home premium 64bit)

Have been trying to install windows 7 home premium via boot camp for the past 7 days and I'm now at a total loss having loss count of the attempts I have had. All are clean installs with nothing in usb ports except my 32gb usb2 memory stick. All traces of any previous attempts are removed and trashed & there is no programs running in the Mac background. All of my imacs software is up to date and I am using the boot camp version as instructed in Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support page. My iMac is a 21.5" late 2013 ver.

I have ....

..Used my original windows disc (pre service pack 1) & can get to the "we are setting you up" stage but no further as I have no keyboard or mouse funtionabilty & therefore can't type in order to input the relevant info.

..Used the official ISO windows 7 home premium and installed on various occasions from the download folder, the desktop & burned ISO disc

outcome is always one of two scenarios

1/When I do everything by the letter from the boot camp support page I get the CMD screen below telling me that windows has failed to start

2/If I just use bootcamp installed as is on my Mac I get further but with no mouse or keyboard usage so therefore can't get by final setup stage

User uploaded file

Im not a techie person by any stretch of the imagination but any advise on this would be most welcome. I really don't want to have to go back to parallels as a solution.

TIA

Frankie

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:46 PM

3 replies

Issues with Boot Camp and installing windows 7 home premium 64bit)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.