Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is itunes compatiable with Windows 10

I currently have iTunes using Windows 7. Before I download Windows 10, please let me know if iTunes will work?

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:42 PM

I'm pretty sure it is compatible, it worked the first time I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. But I eventually reverted back to Windows 7 as I had updated to 10 the day it came out and it was kind of buggy, but now that time has passed I upgraded back to Windows 10 last night, and I tried running iTunes today and it won't work. I've tried almost everything to get it to work and iTunes just will not open. I posted a thread about it, so if you use iTunes a lot, I'd stray away from upgrading to 10 until I get an answer or solution to the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 1:42 PM in response to Pending Problems

I'm pretty sure it is compatible, it worked the first time I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. But I eventually reverted back to Windows 7 as I had updated to 10 the day it came out and it was kind of buggy, but now that time has passed I upgraded back to Windows 10 last night, and I tried running iTunes today and it won't work. I've tried almost everything to get it to work and iTunes just will not open. I posted a thread about it, so if you use iTunes a lot, I'd stray away from upgrading to 10 until I get an answer or solution to the problem.

Aug 30, 2015 2:14 PM in response to Pending Problems

It works.

I uninstalled ALL Apple software (iTunes, Apple Software Update, Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device Support, etc), rebooted, reinstalled iTunes, rebooted, and it worked.

So, if you're upgrading to 10 through Windows update, you may have to do what I did above to get it to work, but I just got it to work now (:

If this helped, please click that thanks button!

is itunes compatiable with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.