Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use the sprint unlock code

I got the code from sprint, but they would not tell me how to use it. Can someone help?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:06 PM

What unlock code?

iPhones do not use unlock codes to unlock the carrier at all.

Please explain

6 replies

Aug 30, 2015 3:01 PM in response to roaminggnome

In the US the carrier has to unlock the phone if you pay the full price or at the end of your contract. Sprint will give you the unlock code that tells Apple that the phone is unlock, and it can be use by another carrier.

The problem is, that Sprint will only give you the code, it is up to you to know how to enter the code so Apple will know you can use it on another carrier.

With an AT&T iPhone, AT&T will send the code to Apple, and after you restore your phone it will be unlock and can be use by any carrier.

As I understand it, it is some type of Manufacture code. I was thinking I call call Apple and see what they tell me what to do with the code. I hope this help, the above is what I know and have been told.

Thanks for any input.

how to use the sprint unlock code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.