Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just synced my new iPod nano with music from my old iPod but it won't recognise that it has the music

I have just moved my iTunes library from my MacBook Pro (2008) to an iMac (10.8.5) so that my new iPod Nano can be synced with my music. Although when it's attached to iTunes it says the music is there, when I try to play, the iPod says there's no music. What am I doing wrong!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:45 PM

Hi there BridgetTempest,

From what I gather, there's an issue syncing songs from your iMac to your iPod nano. Are you able to play the music that you recently moved from your MacBook Pro to your iMac in iTunes?

The article linked below will walk you through the process of syncing music to your iPod.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Ciao.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 2:45 PM in response to BridgetTempest

Hi there BridgetTempest,

From what I gather, there's an issue syncing songs from your iMac to your iPod nano. Are you able to play the music that you recently moved from your MacBook Pro to your iMac in iTunes?

The article linked below will walk you through the process of syncing music to your iPod.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Ciao.

I have just synced my new iPod nano with music from my old iPod but it won't recognise that it has the music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.