Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad says 1.8GB, Computer says 4.1GB???

Hi everyone,

When I go to the settings on my iPad, it's showing that I only have about 1.8GB left of space. However, when I synch my iPad with my laptop, the computer shows that I have 4.1GB left. Does anyone have any clue why this is and what I can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPad

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:37 PM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2015 3:15 PM in response to DeeATL2012

Dee,

What a coincidence... I just got through doing a Restore on my iPhone. Before the restore the phone said 5.6 GBs available and iTunes said 6.95. After the restore the phone says 7.4 GBs available and iTunes says 7.7. There usually is a small difference as the iTunes amount is an estimate.

Here is how to do the Restore. It took me 55 minutes.... have done it many times before and never lost anything. Just make sure to do a backup to iTunes before (it will do one any way) Cheers.... 🙂

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2015 7:25 PM in response to DeeATL2012

Right after restoring you should get pretty good agreement, not exact but closer than what you are seeing.

If you go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage, is there any thing there that looks excessively large? Photos perhaps or Music? It could give you a clue just to browse through the usage data. Other than Music and Photos I don't have anything over 500 MBs.

Just on a lark, if Photos does not look right to you check this User Tip:

Why does my iOS device say I have more photos than I can find?

iPad says 1.8GB, Computer says 4.1GB???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.