Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Folders between iPhone 6 Plus and my MacBookPro

Until now I had one folder where I put in all my images to post on Instagram.

I then created a second folder with a different set of images.

In iTunes, you can only sync one folder with photos. If you try to do two, the last synced overwrites/deletes the other folder.

How can I sync more than one folder?

Also: I have already over 3000 images in my camera roll. I'd like to start a new roll, but keep the other images on my phone as well. How can I do that?

Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, 64 Gb

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:21 PM

Each time you sync using iTunes it sets the synced folder on the phone to match the current iTunes settings. If you first sync Folder #1 and later want to add Folder #2, when you sync the second time you need to include both Folder #1 and #2 in the selection in iTunes.

Regarding the second question, there isn't a way to create a second camera roll. What I used to do (before I started using iCloud Photo Library, which has a completely different way of working) was to import all of my camera roll photos to my Mac and then delete the camera roll photos completely from the phone. I then organized the ones I wanted to be on my phone into albums in iPhoto, placed those albums in a folder in iPhoto and then synced that folder back to the phone. Doing that makes them easy to find on the phone as they are organized and it insures that there is a backup copy on the Mac (and of course the Mac is also backed up).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 2:21 PM in response to Ocean 17

Each time you sync using iTunes it sets the synced folder on the phone to match the current iTunes settings. If you first sync Folder #1 and later want to add Folder #2, when you sync the second time you need to include both Folder #1 and #2 in the selection in iTunes.

Regarding the second question, there isn't a way to create a second camera roll. What I used to do (before I started using iCloud Photo Library, which has a completely different way of working) was to import all of my camera roll photos to my Mac and then delete the camera roll photos completely from the phone. I then organized the ones I wanted to be on my phone into albums in iPhoto, placed those albums in a folder in iPhoto and then synced that folder back to the phone. Doing that makes them easy to find on the phone as they are organized and it insures that there is a backup copy on the Mac (and of course the Mac is also backed up).

Syncing Folders between iPhone 6 Plus and my MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.