Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not opening after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 last night, and I tried using an iTunes today and it will not open at all. I tried uninstalling iTunes, and reinstalling it. I rebooted. I uninstalled all Apple dependencies like Apple Device Support, the update manager, etc and reinstalled again. I've tried running it in Windows 8, 7 and Vista compatibility mode, running as an administrator, and even tried installing an earlier version of iTunes. It WILL NOT open. My mouse cursor acts like it's loading for a split second, and the hard drive read light only blinks once, so it's not blinking constantly as if it's reading from the hard drive like when it does when I open a different application.

Any ideas on what to do?

Windows 10

Asus K55N Laptop

64bit

iTunes-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:37 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 1:45 PM in response to cotylee1991

Hello cotylee1991,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that iTunes is not launching on your Windows computer and you have already tried a lot of great troubleshooting, but the issue continues. To ensure that all steps that Apple recommends have been completed, I would suggest working through the steps in the following attached article.

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Have a great day

iTunes not opening after Windows 10 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.