Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move tv and movies to storage server?

I have a windows desktop with my I-tunes Library that has now filled my desktop. How can I transfer tv shows and movies to my home storage server?

null-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:26 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 3:11 PM in response to Rysz

Hi...thnx for the reply....I had found the following: "iTunes menu...preferences...advanced...keep iTunes media organized and copy files to iTunes media folder......click change...iTunes media folder location...ok.....file menu....library....organize...consolidate...ok"

Problem is that it stopped about 1 tb into the transfer....I seem to have moved the folders and not all of the files.....do I start it again (already been going for 5 hrs)....the result now is that I still have the full desktop given it only 'copied' files and not cut/paste or move......do I dare delete files (tvshows, movies) in desktop....and will the ipad hook up and retrieve files (movies/tv shows) from the home server now if I delete the copies on the desktop?

Did I mention that my vcr still flashes 12....*shakes head instead of throwing everything out window*

Move tv and movies to storage server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.