Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro controlling its self

Ok, so I have had this issue for long as I remember. Basically, if I go AFK for a short while, by Mac book Pro retina will just try to ether log out or shut down (displaying the shut down/log off dialog). I have never let it do that, because I have always cancelled out. Also, sometimes, I will be afk for less than 1 minute and the screen will go black and then everything force quits. I then have to re-enter my password after words (because it locked the pc). Then after unlocking the PC, I then am back at the desktop?!? I have had more issues as well, but I forget what those are, because I haven't been on Yosemite for a while now. I recently got back on that OS and I began remembering and noticing some issues that I had before. This all happened after the upgrade to Yosemite (which was like a year ago or when ever Yosemite was officially released).

Now before you respond, let me just say that I have already try: restoring the PC, re-installing the OS, resetting the System Managment Controller, resetting the PRAM (aka NVRAM), and etc!

Any help would be highly appreciated! 🙂

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Also contains Windows 10.

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 2:43 PM

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Security & Privacy

If there's a closed padlock icon in the lower left corner of the preference pane, click it and enter your login password when prompted.

Click the Advanced button and, in the sheet that opens, uncheck the box marked

Log out after … minutes of inactivity

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 2:43 PM in response to EuroTheDev

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Security & Privacy

If there's a closed padlock icon in the lower left corner of the preference pane, click it and enter your login password when prompted.

Click the Advanced button and, in the sheet that opens, uncheck the box marked

Log out after … minutes of inactivity

Aug 30, 2015 3:03 PM in response to EuroTheDev

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

Macbook Pro controlling its self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.